This information comes from the Ohio Association of Advanced Practice Nurses. Please see their website for updates on the bills.
House Bill 216 now has a companion! Senate Bill 279 mirrors Version 3 of HB 216. SB 279 was introduced on February 10thand assigned to the Senate Medicaid Committee on February 23rd. Senator Dave Burke is the chair of the Medicaid Committee and here is aLINKfor a list of Senators on his Committee. To find out if your Senator is part of the committee please see item 3 below.
What can you do?
1. Look for future emails announcing Sponsor and Proponent Testimony
2. Attend a Town Hall Meeting to show your support and learn about updates to the legislation. Find dates and locations on theOAAPN website calendar.
3. Find your legislator at https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legislators/find-my-legislators
4. Call your State Senator to ask them to support SB 279
5. Call your State Representative to ask them to support HB 216